What we believe
Our Core Values
- Love God with all your heart
- We must be intentional about our relationship with God
- Live fully surrendered, fully yielded lives, that are led by the Holy Spirit
- Worship is essential – privately and corporately
- Prayer is one of the most important things we do – individually and as a team
- We set aside time before serving to give ourselves to God for his purpose
What is in my life that is getting in the way of putting God first? (Deut. 6:5)
- Deep friendships with other Christ followers are essential to the Christian life.
- We give one another grace, forgiveness, and truth.
- We commit to authentic community where we can know and be known, love and be loved, serve and be served, celebrate and be celebrated.
- We love one another, think the best of one another, encourage one another, and tell the truth (including the “last 10%”).
- We take hurts, frustrations, and offences directly to each other instead of gossiping.
- We value authenticity in community, which means that we are committed to being ourselves.
What keeps me from being completely involved in an authentic community? Are there areas where I need to “remove the mask” and just be me? Is there someone I need to go to and speak the truth in love? (Acts 2: 41-47)
- We are to be God-centered, others-centered, not us-centered; we are to be selfless.
- Our focus is on God and what He wants to do through us.
- Jesus calls us to converge our faith on our world through missions, evangelism, and loving others – especially those who have been left-out and rejected.
- We are committed to creating a non-threatening environment for everyone to “come as they are” and have a safe place to explore their questions of faith.
Where is my focus?….On me or on what God wants to do through me?(Matthew 28:18-20, 1 John 4:19-21)
- We are all on the same team, with a single, common mission.
- It is not “us against them”.
- We look for ways to serve one another.
- We’re all in it together – one heart, one purpose, one mind.
- Our attitude matters. It reflects the condition of our heart. It can affect others positively or negatively.
Am I supportive of the whole church and not just the areas about which I am passionate? Would others know that I am a Christ follower by my attitude?(John17:11, 1 Cor. 1:1)
- Serving is our response to God.
- Serving flows from a grateful heart.
- Serving is an art of worship.
- Serving is an act of obedience.
Do I serve because I am grateful for what God has done for me? (Mark 10:45)
- Excellence honors God and inspires people.
- Excellence removes distractions so that others can more easily focus on God.
- We show our commitment to excellence by showing up on time and by being prepared.
- Excellence means we give God our best and serve where we are gifted.
Is there any part of my life where I am not giving God my best? (Matthew 25:14-30, Romans 12:11)
- Faith in and commitment to follow Christ is relevant to the lives of people in the world today because it has the power to change hearts and lives.
- The Bible is relevant and is our authority on matters of faith and the practice of faith.
- We are committed to helping people see the relevance of our faith and how it can change their lives for the better.
What is in the way of our active, intentional study of God’s word? (Matthew 4:4)